“No mud, no lotus.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
“We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” — His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Karuna — Compassionate and joyful actions, with equal consideration for all beings.
Everyone has a desire to be happy, peaceful, and live meaningful lives, yet we are often overwhelmed with afflictive emotions, habitual thought patterns, confusion and conflict. The Karuna Center for Mindful Engagement offers personal and professional Compassion-based and Buddhist-inspired client driven Karuna Coaching that will help guide you on a path forward with a clear plan.
Develop Insight — Lessen Suffering — Resolve and Transform Conflicts — Find Balance
Cultivate Compassion — Do No Harm
The Karuna Coaching Framework
- Establish goals, motivations and aspirations
- Determine obstacles and roadblocks
- Create the causes and conditions for living a meaningful and virtuous life
- Integrate Compassion and Mindful Engagement qualities and practices
- Create an action plan, milestones and progress checks
- Celebrate successes!
Conflict Coaching is a specialized coaching and mediation service that works through specific conflicts. Gain more understanding and confidence to engage with interpersonal or workplace conflicts. Compassion-based conflict coaching provides support and guidance, with practices to help move more effectively in and through conflicts, now and in the future.
The Conflict Coaching Framework
- Inquire about the situation. Determine concerns regarding the dispute, others’ role in the dispute, and your role in the dispute, along with desired outcome
- Name and deconstruct the elements of the conflict, including your self awareness in relationship to the conflicts
- Build conflict literacy and capacity
- Learning mindfulness based conflict resolution skills
- Explore choices and uncover potential plan of actions to meet goal
- Reconstruct the situation to confirm your choices and develop a plan of action
- Celebrate successes!
About Wendy Wood, PhD
Wendy Wood, PhD—is an international consultant, conflict engagement professional, mediator, coach, social scientist, and author. She works internationally leading efforts with a range of organizations, communities and individuals in the areas of social, political, and environmental impact, public policy, and disaster relief and adaptation. Wendy specializes in resolving and transforming complex high conflict multi-party disputes, dialogue and facilitation, strategic systems assessment and design, personal and professional coaching, mediation, and trauma-informed practices. Wendy holds a doctorate in Human Science, a masters degree in Public Health, and has advanced education, training, and certifications in Leadership, Mediation, Dialogue and Facilitation, Trauma and Neuroscience, and Buddhist Psychology.