The 7 Foundations of Mindful Engagement
- Authenticity — Know Yourself
- Skillful Communication — Open & receptive, without bias or judgement
- Mindfulness — Balanced awareness of thoughts & emotions
- Compassion — Engaging with the best interest of others in mind
- Love — Ushers in the hope that anything is possible
- Equanimity — Doing no harm with equal regard for all people
- Responsibility — What happens to me happens to you, and what happens to you happens to me
Bring Mindful Engagement into your organization or community
Mindful Engagement Transforming Action – META – was developed through the research of Wendy Wood, PhD and Thaïs Mazur, PhD as they sought to answer the question, “What personal qualities are required for us to work in ways that do not harm others or the planet?” As they interviewed exemplars throughout the world in the fields of health, education, organizational leadership, peace and reconciliation, and environmental and social justice, these 7 Foundational qualities consistently emerged.
We have been teaching, presenting and consulting on Mindful Engagement throughout the world in multiple contexts across cultures, across disciplines, and across religious and spiritual practices, engaging with a wide range of people and organizations. Working with business and community leaders, health care systems, climate change strategists and advocates, legal communities, first nation peoples, young women in Afghanistan, South Sudanese and Rwandese religious leaders, mediators and conflict professionals, rural communities, and social change organizations, we help build their capacity to engage mindfully, with compassion, and without harm to others or the planet.